Test Title 1



{closet intervention} the tops



i did a little shopping last night! and wade informed me this morning that he was proud of me. i guess it has been a while since i bought myself a couple of things - not including craft supplies or things for the house.

i was proud of myself too ... i stuck to the list! i found a great pair of sanctuary casual chinos for just $29.99 and 2 rebecca beason scoop neck tees (black/white) on sale for $9.99 (marked down from $82.00) according to today's {closet intervention}. don't get me wrong - i definitely carried my usual armful of random items around the store. but the point is i convinced myself to only purchase these 3 staple items! victory! (also a lesson in patience ... once i have my essentials together, you can bet i'll add some of those accent pieces.)

today we're talking {closet intervention} tops:

:
{click to shop}

the essentials - and my must-have:

1 // white cotton button down shirt - urban outfitters bdg classic breezy button-down {19.99}
2 // white silk button down shirt - asos bow blouse {55.40}
3 // fitted tees (white/black/grey) - old navy scoop-neck tee {8.50}
4 // fitted tanks (white/black/grey) - jcrew perfect-fit tank {14.50} ... i have about 8 of these (w/ at least 5 in white!)


{click to shop}

the essentials - and my must-have:

5 // long-sleeve striped tee - jcrew perfect-fit stripe snap tee {39.50}
6 // neutral cardigan - gap beaded grandpa cardigan {34.99}
7 // colored cardigan - ruche pick-a-posy cardigan {43.99}
8 // flowy floral blouse - anthropologie heartsease habotai blouse {98.00} ... this was sort of a challenge for me as i'm not always that into girlie girlie floral prints. though a little xtra $ - i do love this little top.
9 // thin v-neck sweater - madewell academy sweater {39.99} ... LOVE the bleached linen. in case you really want to buy this for me - i wear a medium!
10 // tunic length top or sweater - dkny pullover w/ ruched side seam {86.99}

okay - confession: i am the queen of cardigans! so that's 2 items automatically marked off this list. then again ... isn't that pick-a-posy cardigan cute. hmm ... maybe it wouldn't hurt to have just one more. ha ha.

your turn - what item off the {closet intervention} list thus far do you have covered?

4 comments :

Emily said...

I do love your style. Feminine, unique, vintage-y yet practical. Me too:)

The Sugar Mountain said...

LOVE that stipey j crew one- and the black dkny is perfect- I'm with you about the florals- I heart them on other people but I tend to just stick with the simple stuff. XO

Unknown said...

thanks ladies. i am smitten w/ that vneck sweater. grr. must have self-control. it's just too freakin' cute!

Anonymous said...

I am in the market for a shirt like that bow blouse to wear with my pencil skirt! They are out of my size though... grrr! Love all of them!

- Julie

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Read more: http://www.scratchtheweb.com/2013/05/how-to-show-disqus-comment-count-links.html#ixzz2bxYckbeB Follow us: @scratchtheweb on Twitter | scratchtheweb on Facebook