Test Title 1



{simple things} my life in 20 photos

my friend ellen (black and white and loved all over) did a blog post over the weekend called "storytelling in 30 photos" (something she snagged from one of her fav blogs). as much as i enjoy blog posts on what outfits people have put together or their favorite etsy finds ... i love catching a glimpse into the life of the woman behind the blog.

inspired (but overwhelmed with 30 pictures) ... here's my modified version:

1 // me ... and the dreaded self-portrait



2 // my love ... my sweet husband, wade.



3 // my family ... the extended version.



4 // something that makes me happy ... fish tacos + tortilla soup from mas tacos por favor.



5 // back when ... back when i could get a tan!



6 // random wade and i ... the night after we got engaged.



7 // a relative of mine ... my only living grandparent - gwen hammond.



8 // a person i can tell everything to ... my sisters (and my little brother). we do need some updated pictures.



9 // my spare time ... a messy table full of projects!



10 // a place i love ... the martinsville fair.



11 // old times ... family camping trips! (and permed bangs - what!?!)
12 // a great night ... september 25th, 2010.
13 // always there ... my mom & dad. i am so blessed to have them.
14 // last summer ... boston visits - and day trips to maine.



15 // a picture that makes me sad ... i really wish wade could have met my grandpa haven.



16 // a picture that makes me laugh ... the 1st night wade met my parents. a very awkward picture w/ my dad - or a wax statue of my dad. hee hee.



17 // being crazy ... my dad's harley goggles. i think he was serious when he bought them!



18 // my parents at my age ...



19 // my favorite vacation ... our dream honeymoon to morocco (peacock pavilions).



20 // an accomplishment ... my half marathon. people say it's addictive - not so much! but i'm proud i did it once!


snag this post (as i did) -- but be sure to send me a link so i can learn all about you too! :)

8 comments :

kristin said...

I love this idea! Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures!

Mandy said...

such a neat idea! love all your pics! your parents are so cute! love seeing them at church! i stumbled across your blog doing a search for pottery barn moss letters! your crafty posts are just great...now i'm a follower! ;)

mandy maple
http://creativecents.blogspot.com/

mary said...

LOVE this idea! It IS fun seeing what the bloggers you are reading do and look like and all that! You and your fam are super cute- you look VERY alike to your mom in that pic of her at your age. I think if I get some time (hoping two babies can play nice so mommy can blog lol!) I'll have to do something like this:)

Thanks for sharing!

blair @ a case of the mundays said...

ooh ladies! please definitely share if you do your own!

@mandy - how funny. small world (wide web).

@mary - i totally agree. it was a task. i cut it down from 30 - but my friend ellen did all 30 w/ a 1 year old. super moms. ps - love those first step pictures!!! :)

Tess said...

Hi! I've been reading your blog since few months (actually it partly convinced me about making my own), and it has helped me a lot. Living in a foreign country for the last five years, and with the usual life ups and downs, I needed to focus my attention to the small things that matter. Your blog is a great inspiration :) I just stumbled on this idea and it is just great! I hope I can give it a try soon :) Thanks a lot for sharing!

Ah, before I forget, I sent you the other day a recipe, but it was not totally gluten free. I suffer from allergies myself, and searching for some ideas I found this site, might be useful for you too?

http://www.thesuperallergycookbook.com/recipes.html

Take care :)

Tess (http://athousandcoffeebeans.blogspot.com/)

blair @ a case of the mundays said...

thank you tess - that is such a sweet comment. somedays (especially weeks like this when i'm running around like mad + have a sick husband) i feel like taking the entire site down. but it is such a fun way to express myself and see the ebb and flow of life. please let me know if you do this post!!! :)

Janice said...

This is such a brilliant idea! I'm inspired to showcase my life in 20 pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Blair Munday said...

oh please please! let me know if you do, janice.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Read more: http://www.scratchtheweb.com/2013/05/how-to-show-disqus-comment-count-links.html#ixzz2bxYckbeB Follow us: @scratchtheweb on Twitter | scratchtheweb on Facebook