Test Title 1



{closet intervention} the pants

confession: i am often not a very smart shopper.

i'm all about the discount! i shop clearance racks + goodwill and garage sales - which has to make my husband super happy! (i've heard horror stories about the $ that other friends' wives spend on clothes.) but my problem: i usually don't have a game plan for my shop-scapades. rather than hit the store in search of a white dress top ... i take what i can get.

last week while biking at the gym, i found an article in real simple (may edition): "never buy the wrong thing again". definitely an article i NEED to read and re-read again. underline + highlight - you get the point! it's time for a closet intervention!



over the next 5 fridays, i will be bringing you {closet intervention}: pants, skirts/dresses, tops, outerwear + shoes. 30 must-have items to invest in for a power-packed wardrobe.

today ... we're talking pants:


{click to shop}

the essentials - and my must-have:

1 // dark bootcut jean - j.crew classic rinse bootcut jean {98.00}
2 // menswear-inspired trouser - lands' end canvas stretch relaxed trouser {26.99}
3 // black flared pant - asos linen tab detail wide pant {53.79}
4 // casual chino - zara linen trouser {59.90}
5 // slim, ankle-length pant - victoria's secret skinny ankle pant {39.50}

okay - just for the fun of it ... what's your ultimate favorite pair of pants that you just could not live w/out?

my favorite pants right now are these skinny jeans from banana republic. i bought them at an outlet mall back in january for 1/2 the price. personally i think they look better on me - than they do in the picture on their site. ha! (can i say that!?!) and i loooove the dark wash - they STILL turn my hands blue and i've washed them a million times!

rumor is skinny jeans are on the out - and wide-leg/flare are back. but i love this particular pair of skinnies ... so i guess i'll just have to be "out".

3 comments :

Emily said...

My black yoga pants. If I could get away with wearing them to work I would. You can exercise, go to the store, and do just about anything than maybe church on Sunday or work.
Also LoVe New York and Co. slacks, they are cut to fit me just right.

Ashley said...

I have a pair of Calvin Klein skinny jeans I found at Ross and I don't care if they ever go out of style. They are comfy and cute. Dressed up or down. They are a really dark wash too and have to be washed with Only other jeans or they dye my clothes. Lol. Love this idea. I love finding good clothes advice

Unknown said...

oooh yoga pants! what was i thinking. definitely more comfortable than skinny jeans! pretty excited for round 2 on friday - tops. (i definitely have the most trouble w/ standard tops!)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Read more: http://www.scratchtheweb.com/2013/05/how-to-show-disqus-comment-count-links.html#ixzz2bxYckbeB Follow us: @scratchtheweb on Twitter | scratchtheweb on Facebook